Saturday 15 June 2013

Dark Child Book 3 by Adina West


Synopsis

Perfect for fans of The Mortal Instruments series by Cassandra Clare, this intriguing urban fantasy follows the story of Kat Chanter, who discovers that the world she knows is controlled by ancient creatures who feed on blood. And she might just be one of them ...

Dead? Kat clenched her fists, her stomach a writhing tangle of knots. Her pulse thundered in her ears.

Had this all been an elaborate ruse to trap her? The platelet study; the offer to come and work at the Hema Castus Research Institute; the special attention from Director Norris ... Surely they’d have had no way of knowing who she was. Still, if the Directorate controlled Hema Castus, and the Directorate wanted her imprisoned, even dead, everything took on a much more sinister light. And anyway, why did the Directorate want her dead?

Kat has always known she’s special. Different. But finding out why is still a shock, especially when she discovers the malevolent Directorate, a clandestine organization of untold power, have put a price on her head.

Forced into hiding in the remote White Mountains, Kat’s life is suddenly in the hands of the wild and dangerous unalil. But trusting her new protectors isn’t easy, since they seem almost as terrifying as the killers who pursue her . . .

My Review

I received this book for an honest review by the author.

In this part of the story we see Kat in danger. We find out a bit of the directorate, the vodkas, and who is connected to Ionescu. Kat is taken to the towers by Char to be protected and meets the Dar, who krafts Kat a rune necklace to help protect her. While at the towers Kat has a few visitors, Anton and John Falcon. John is part of the directorate can they trust him? Kat is then moved for her safety to Anton home and there she meets someone she feels connected to.


I enjoyed this story I like the pace even at times it was a bit slow. I feel that it would of been better as one book, I feel that I just got into it and it stopped, even though it stopped at the write places that kept you hanging on for more. I do feel there a lot this story has to offer but think for me I'm not sure about the length of them. I would like to read books 4/5 though cos I'm interested to see what happens.

I did really like this story and if i had bought it i would of bought the full book not the novellas.

No comments:

Post a Comment